Sunday, February 27, 2011

Nursery boy!

Last week, Isaac was working, and normally Sunday's are spent chasing around my ALMOST 18 month old Thomas for Sunday School and then trying to keep him quiet, contained, and entertained during Relief Society! :) Well, Bev has to stay ...or she chooses to stay in nursery with her little Jason who is just 5 weeks older than Thomas, because that little man has a bit of a biting problem, that none of us can seem to break. Travis, Bev, ...nor Isaac and I. Silly boy just doesn't do it when we're around, but as soon as we aren't looking, or he is alone.. beware! ;) Anyway, I just decided... two weeks, I think we'll go check this Nursery thing out and see how little Thomas does. Well, the nursery leaders were all for it. Asked that I stayed the first hour just to make sure everything was going to be ok, which I was totally fine with. (I love that I will have all my kiddos in classes during church, but it is bitter sweet as well... sad that I will never have a baby laying on my shoulder, or resting on my chest during church. I won't have anyone to entertain during class. It just means they are growing up...bitter sweet!) Anyway, he did great! Loved it! So, needless to stay, I went to Relief Society, kid free. Yay..and sniff sniff at the same time. :P hehe, Yeah, I know, I'm a nerd. But it was nice. I was excited and nervous at the same time. How is he doing? Is he happy? Does he want his binky? Is Danielle taking care of him? Does he want me? ....the list goes on. Anyway, after church everyone went home super happy and I asked Bev how he did, bc she stayed in there. ;) She said..."perfect! They asked him to sit, and he sat... they asked him to stand and he did... sing... he did." Then she said something to the affect of... "They probably asked him to recite his ABC's too and he did that! Perfect!" hehe He was great! Yay!
So, this Sunday, Isaac and I dropped him off at Nursery. It was a little....drop and duck out quick technique! But we peeked and he was happy. About 15 minutes later we hear SCREAMING coming down the hall. Sure enough, it was Thomas. I guess he spit up something and then just starting non consulable crying. Poor guy. He was snot faced and very sad! Anyway, I took him back and he was VERY clingy. He started to calm down during snack time and by toys he was very happy again, and I was able to slip out and go to a very wonderful Relief Society lesson on parenting!! My little man is growing up. I am so glad all of my kids have had someone in nursery with them when they hit 18 mos... makes it for a better transition!
Just something cute... while I was in there during music time, they were working on the song.. "I am like a star shining brightly." So, they were having the kids sing it out loud.... well, there wasn't a lot of participation until they asked Danielle. AND SHE DID! It was adorable! She sang that whole verse and then afterwards we all squeeled because she was that cute. Then they told me, when she goes to the bathroom, she sings for them! lol. Ohh, it makes my heart sing just thinking about it. They said she just will go in there and sing and it reminds them of the girl Boo from Monster's, Inc., singing in the stalls. Cute huh!
I love those little munchkins! I love all my little big munchkins too! They all love going to church. I love my ward and am so thankful for the leaders we have for making my primary children happy and love their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! What a wonderful blessing!! Oh, and the primary sang in our ward today! It was so cute! McKenna and Ashley did so great and were so happy up there! Then I was completely embarrassed when they came RUNNING down the stairs down the aisle all the way to the back where we were sitting. Eeek!! Yikes... I told them we LOVED their singing and then told them again... as we do every Sunday... no running in church. :) Happy Sabbath!
For your enjoyment... Boo singing in the stalls. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isc1K9ipg9A

No comments:

Post a Comment