The kids and I bought little pumpkins on Th night and I actually saw on this blog, http://little-inspirations.blogspot.com/2010/10/chalkboard-pumpkins.html that you could paint chalkboard paint on them and then color chalk on the pumpkins. So cute huh! (the author of that blog, Brittany Staley, her husband is my sister's husband's brother) :) So, on Friday morning, we painted our pumpkins with chalkboard paint. We did it while Thomas was sleeping, but the girls had so much fun! Our fingers were BLACK! We painted them in the road, so we had to carry them back up the garage. Ashley was trying to help me carry them and grabbed the whole thing. She was so sweet to try, but her hands were so black! We scrubbed for a while, but with no avail. It will come off eventually. :)
I cleaned a little and then had to get ready to go to work. I tried to think of an excuse why I couldn't go in. I felt awful, that should have been just enough, but I just didn't feel right calling in. I had told them I would be in so I had to own up to it.. So, after I fed the kids lunch I woke Isaac up to take over. Poor guy, never gets his sleep. I only worked a half day though and then we went to Kamie Jo Massey's wedding reception!! Bev and I played basketball with her at Snow College. And Isaac knew her of course as well. We had picked her up a few times from Payson to drive to Ephraim. We are so happy for her! She looked beautiful and they both just looked so happy! We found out from Mindy, (another girl we played ball with at Snow. Mindy and Kamie are BF) that they met in June. Very quick courtship, but we wouldn't really expect anything different from Kamie Jo anyway. The girls said they liked her husband Reed bc her gave them knuckles. lol, that is so funny, but I guess he was cool for it. He was a nice guy, so cute with all of our kids.
Saturday morning we went to Zachary's last football game. I felt like an awful aunt, bc I haven't been to one game yet, but I am at least glad we got to see this last one. He is really starting to become a great athlete! He was so fun to watch! 

We had a great day. Our garden is all torn out, finally! This is what I pulled out from it. I couldn't believe we had so much left. We probably had about 40 tomatoes still but they were all GREEN still! :( Next time I guess. We are learning. The girls room is SPOTLESS! Yay! Lots of cleaning, but the most fun thing. We got to color chalk
on our pumpkins!! They loved it! I was actually really surprised how well it did work. It was so fun and the girls were so creative with their pictures. Again, poor little Thomas was asleep on this one. Sometimes the projects are just easier without our precious baby boy. But don't worry, I did make one for him too! :) They are all on display on our mantle. So cute!
Isaac and I got to go on a date tonight. But not just any date. We went to the temple with Ryan and Brianne!! Beverly was supposed to come with us but she had a family birthday party to attend. Totally understandable but we (I especially) were so bummed! She will come next time for sure. But anyway, it was such a great night! I love the temple. I love the little "reminders" we get in there. And I couldn't be more happier to be able to share those precious sacred
moments with my husband. And I was really glad we could go with Ryan and Brianne too. They go once a month! Granted it is easier to go when you don't have any kids, but I think it is great they have those goals set out. Isaac and I definitely don't go often enough, but I will take what we can get! It was a beautiful night followed by a stop at Cold Stone for some much needed ice cream!! :)
Anna, my visiting teacher, took my kids tonight. She is always always offering to take my kids. And the last couple of months, she has challenged me to go to the temple. So, I took her up on both of those "challenges." :) They have one sweet girl Mia who is 2, a couple of months younger than Danielle...so, adding my FOUR, they definitely had their hands full! She and her husband Nate said they had a great time with the kids. They said they were a lot of fun! Thomas did cry she said... I knew he would. :( He just doesn't do well with people he doesn't know. He will scream for hours! But she said he only screamed for about 5-10 min after I left and then had a hard time going to bed, but said they were all really wonderful! When we got home, McKenna said they had a lot of fun and watched The Princess and the Frog and ate popcorn. She said they went on a walk too. I will talk to them tomorrow about it, but it sounds like they had a great time!
I am so thankful for the wonderful family and friends I have in my life. I love them all so much. I have the best families in the world!! And Anna. We may not be best friends, but she is the best visiting teacher a girl could ask for. I really truly love that girl with all my heart. She is fun to be around. I admire her, love her work ethic, am always learning new healthy tips from her. And not to mention, she is such a good example to me. They are a wonderful family.
Can't wait for church tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment