Thursday, March 8, 2012

DOD (Dear Old Dad)

Not much to report. Yesterday I spoke to Will, while he was at the hospital with Dad. Dad hasn't been up to talking much, bc he doesn't have the energy or oxygen too, but it was nice to know he was there. I asked how he was doing, and he gave Will a thumbs down. :( I asked if we knew anything from the doctor's and my dad said, "well, I'm not dead yet." He still has his amazing positive outlook... even though we know he is in so much pain. Will said he gets real out of breathe and energy while moving around, so I said, "Oh, you're getting up and walking around?!" My dad said, "well, to the bathroom." :( To the bathroom... that's it. That wears him out. He is on a lot of pain killers. Not morphin, that gives him a belly ache. He is sleeping a lot. Sleeping makes him not eat, which takes away his energy... which makes him sleep more. I don't want him to sleep.
He is supposed to get his lungs drained today and the catheters put in at 1:30pmET. They haven't talked about letting him out of the hospital yet. From what we have heard, from Kellie's sister in law, catheters in the lungs is a painful procedure. :( I guess the liquid in his lungs has to do with the lymphnodes 'malfunctioning,' for lack of a better word. That's just what I think anyway, it's hard to research that. Everything directs me to lung cancer.
We might go home next weekend to see him, just the siblings again. We will probably go look at his 'spot' and pick out the plot with everyone. I want DOD to be on his plot. That is just Dad. Everything he ever sends or writes us, always has DOD on it. I can even hear his voice... my kids can even hear him say. "Hellooo, this is Dear Old Dad!" I love it.
Hope. That's all we all can do. Maybe things will turn around. They have before, and then I get a little embarrassed for being all dramatic, but, I'm justified. I don't need to explain to anyone I don't think. This time seems different though. I just want him to wake up!!

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there sweetie. Your DOD and you will be in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so many thoughts and prayers going out to you and your family. I've been thinking a lot about him lately and hope that all of you find peace soon!

    ReplyDelete