You know that liquid, that we thought was just an infection... well, it's not. It's cancer. I guess when the cancer gets really bad, the liquid starts to take over your body, and that is why it is filling up his lungs.
Dad had to go to the hospital again yesterday to get his lungs drained. Drained?? Again? Didn't he just do that. Yes, he did, but I guess this will be reoccurring often now. My problem is, why didn't anyone tell us what the liquid was before. :( They had the test results. ....This is what Kellie told me. They had the test results ready last Wed, but they wanted my dad to come in, bc they can't tell him over the phone. My dad was headed to MD Anderson in Houston on Th through Friday though, so he wouldn't be able too come into the doctor's until Monday.. and here it is Monday, and he's back in the hospital. Sounds like a timing issue, but I'm just a little irritated they didn't make it a point to tell us. :( Ah well, I'm not there though, so I don't know what's going on, and really, what difference would it have made. He did go to MD Anderson last week. He was able to get one set of shots, but not the other, bc his creatine levels were still too high. We kind of expected that, but it's a bummer. :(
Will took him to the ER last night, bc he really can't breathe. Kellie said they waited in the ER for 3 hours! Poor guy. I understand he isn't bleeding or having a baby, but that is just a really hard wait for someone in his condition. He's been sleeping ever since they got there pretty much, which I don't think is good. I tried calling him, but Kellie answered, said he's not really talking on the phone. He's on oxygen because he can't breathe, let alone talk. I researched liquid in the lungs last night. It gave me a lot of lung cancer information. I asked Kellie if this was considered lung cancer of just cancer in the lungs. She said the cancer is just spreading. From the words of Will.. "not good.". .... If you knew Will, that's saying a lot. He's been pretty positive.
The PA was the only one there last night, so she couldn't really answer many questions. She just said that the liquid is a bad sign. Means it's coming to an end basically. They should be talking to the doctor today. I called Ryan and Bev last night, and Todd this morning to let them know what's going on. Kellie and I talked for a really long time last night. She's having a hard time. Being the oldest, having to basically make all final arrangements, being the only one there... besides Will and Bonnie. I wish we could be there. :( She has a lot of responsilibities though, Dad has given her a list. She's exhausted, and needed help making phone calls. I am more than willing. It's the least I can do. We have been texting all morning nonstop.
What we know as of now. He still has his UTI from last week. He just can't fight it as easily. They will drain the liquid from the lungs, we are hoping today, but probably tomorrow. The doctor is going to see if he is a candidate to have catheters in his lungs, like he did for his kidneys, but that doctor has not come in yet. I hope he is.
Sorry, I am really all over the place. A lot to take in.
Prayers!!!
Oh, McKenna has fasted almost every Sunday since she turned 7. I am so proud of her. It's a big deal. Well, on Sunday, we fasted for Grandpa. It was very special.
***Wow, I just re read this and it is really bad. In my defense, I was at work and didn't have a lot of time. I just wanted to get everything off my mind. Maybe I'll fix it later, but not tonight. :( It's too much to think about.
Oh, oh, oh. I just feel for you right now. I would be absolutely heart-broken, and yes, all over the place. The worst is that you're not close. If something happened to my dad, I wouldn't be close either and I would be dying. I'm so so so so so sorry. What a HORRIBLE thing for your family. And yes, documenting it will probably make you feel better, and also supported.
ReplyDeleteMUCH LOVE
Thanks so much Melissa. I appreciate it!
Delete