Kellie posted about her and Dad's trip to MD Anderson in Houston. It almost makes me feel like I experienced the trip with them. I never knew the clinic was so massive. Dad sure is skinny and looks so worn out. I wish we had better news. :(
http://staleystory.blogspot.com/2012/03/md-anderson-day-1.html
http://staleystory.blogspot.com/2012/03/md-anderson-day-2.html
http://staleystory.blogspot.com/2012/03/md-anderson-day-3.html
I just have to add a few personal comments I have been thinking about lately that I can't get off my mind. It's a little blunt..but.., it amazes me how the people who you think care most about you, never ask how things are going. I know it's not because they don't care, it's most likely because they feel awkward or uncomfortable, and probably just don't know what to say. We (Bev and I) were never shy asking questions growing up. In fact, we were teased often about it, how we always asked questions. I guess I just never thought it was a big deal. I don't harbor any hard feelings. I understand it's an awkward position to put yourself in, and truly, maybe some people just are not comfortable with that at all. I guess sometimes, it hurts me a little, when those are the people I expect it out of. Those are the ones I feel like balling to or talking to, yet I never get to. ah well. On the flip side, I have a friend at work who asks me almost every day how my dad is doing. Totally unexpected, but I can't tell you how much it means to me. I love and appreciate her so much. She even sent me a text over the weekend just to check up on me. She is the sweetest. Funny thing is.. sometimes it's awkward for me too. Cancer is a crazy thing. He's bad, he's good, he's bad, he's good. It just sucks.
So... if you ever wonder if people want to talk about 'the bad' that's going on in their life. From the people I have talked too, most of them do. So, every once in a while, just send an, "I'm thinking about you." or, "We're praying for you." or just a "How are you?" note to them. It means more than you could know.
** I just have to add one more thing. Never say to someone who is dealing with a loved one dying of cancer. "At least you know it's coming." NEVER say that. I would never tell someone.. "At least they died peacefully and you didn't have to watch them suffer." No matter how you lose a loved one, it is not easy and should not be belittled in any way. Just had to get these last feelings off my chest I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment