Monday, February 13, 2012

Sunday evening

I love Sundays. Church starts at 9 now and getting 4 kids there on time by myself has been a bit of a struggle. :( We always make it by primary though. Isaac works graves so he sleeps in the morning, but we can normally enjoy him in the evening and I like that.
Today was my first time teaching CTR 7, my new calling. Isaac and I were called it together and since Bev is not really in our ward but is apart of our ward, she is our unofficial sub while Isaac is working. :) I have mixed feelings about it. I was teaching Ashley's class before and I LOVE junior primary. I was enjoying watching Danielle be a new Sunbeam and I have never taught Ashley before, she's a sweetie.... However, I have taught McKenna's class before. They are small, only 4 and she is the only girl. It's bitter sweet. Bev was there today. It turned out better than I was expecting. They are a great group. Keegan Jensen, Sam Wells, Dylan Cox, and McKenna Garner. Two things. In the CTR 5 class I was teaching, in it were Sam, Dylan, and McKenna's siblings. :) (I have also taught Keegan's sis before also) Also, they are all the oldest in their families. I find that so unique. Today our lesson was on Christ birth, so we discussed how his parents and how their parents must have felt. I just thought it was extra special, bc just like Jesus Christ, they all are the first. As every birth is amazing, it's an incredible feeling to be a first time parent. Senior primary is good, just so reverent... And quiet. No more cute kid comments.
Isaac and I took a nap together. That never happens! Mine was short though before I started to make dinner. Thomas slept with us and the girls just played played played. :)
After dinner, we read some scriptures. Our ward is doing the scripture picture from the January 2012 friend. It is so awesome. I struggle reading scriptures with my kids, but this has made it fun and has also given us a goal of what to read each week.
Then, the wrestling began.





No comments:

Post a Comment