Thursday, May 10, 2012

God Saw You

Kellie made the program for my Dad's service.  It was really nice.  The Service was beautiful.  We all participated, which is not something we thought we would do.  My dad would have enjoyed it... he probably did.  I'll write about it another time, but for now, I wanted to share a poem Kellie put on the back of the program.  It was perfect.  So perfect.  I have it memorized. 

God saw you getting tired
and a cure was not to be
so he put his arms around you
and whispered,
"Come with Me"

With tearful eyes we watched you
and saw you pass away
Although we loved you dearly
we could not make you stay.

A Golden heart stopped beating
hard working hands to rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us
He only takes the best

My dad was one of the best!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment