Friday, July 1, 2011

The "Tradition" Stands!!!

CONGRATULATIONS to my brother Scott and his wife Sherrie on finding out they are having another boy!!! This will be the 15th Dedelow grandchild!
Let me just tell you why this is SO COOL! The Dedelow's have a really cool 'tradition' that has been going on since 1999. All of the grandson's have been born in odd years and all of the granddaughters have been born in even years. Each time there is a new baby, we wonder, WHO will be the one to break our "tradition", or "streak." We thought possibly it would be the 13th grandchild. It's all by chance, but it is SO cool. We love joking around about it every time! Even when Isaac and I talked about having another baby, we always said, well, if we want a boy, we better get pregnant to have the baby in an odd year. We KNEW Thomas would be a boy for that reason! And we knew Bev's 4th baby was going to be a boy for that reason also. We figured as much for Todd and Brenda's 2nd baby and it just kept on going and going. I'm all giddy, but I just think it is so funny and so exciting!


BOYS

Mitchell- 99

Zachary-01

Nathan- 05

Blake- 07

Hunter- 07

Jason- 09

Thomas- 09

Luke- 09

Vance- 11

BOY!!!- 11


GIRLS

McKenna- 04

Ashley- 06

Danielle- 08

Jade- 08

Riley- 10




2 comments:

  1. Okay, you're right. That is sooooooooo weird, but cool. I hope the tradition NEVER gets broken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so crazy! and amazing! I will only now only have babies in odd years ;) (don't tell Casey, he wants girls.)

    ReplyDelete